当前位置:首页>田径

当我和前女友一起加入田径队

当我和前女友一起加入田径队

(滑动查看双语字幕)

Back in senior year of high school.

回到高中。

I had just recently broken up.

我当时刚刚分手。

But well dumped by my Ex at the time Jessica.

好吧,我被前女友杰西卡甩了。

I mean as much as I didn\'t deserve someone like her, I was still sad you know.

尽管我也知道我配不上她,但我还是很难过。

Being dumped just does something to you and your self-esteem.

被甩对我以及我的自尊都带来了巨的打击。

And I definitely needed something new to keep me occupied and help me move on.

我需要新的事物来让自己忙碌起来,帮助我继续前进。

I did have Taekwondo.

我确实练过跆拳道。

But my other Ex was still also there.

但我另一个前任也在练。

I had video games.

我也可以玩电子游戏。

But that also got pretty lonely at times.

但一个人玩游戏也很孤独。

I really just wanted to surround myself with people, which was kind of odd coming from an introvert.

我只想待在有很多人的地方,这对于一个内向的人来说有点奇怪。

So, I decided to join a sports team.

所以,我决定加入一个运动队。

Yeah!

没错!

While I like playing certain sports, I never really thought I was good enough to be part of a team.

虽然我喜欢参加某些运动,但我从来不认为自己是个优秀的运动员。

Especially in America where they take sports like EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY.

特别是在美国,他们对体育非常认真。

On top of that, my short height Definitely put me at a disadvantage in many aspects.

最重要的是,我个子太矮了,所以在许多运动上我都处于劣势。

As much as I want to believe you when you tell me: nonsense, Dom!

我知道你们肯定都会说:胡说八道,多姆!

You could do anything if you put your mind into it.

有志者,事竟成!

I\'m just being honest and realistic.

但还是要诚实并且现实一点啦。

I\'m not the main Protagonist of some sports anime where I have some sort of dormant hidden talent that can only be awakened through a 24-episode Arc.

咱也不是体育动画片的主角,有某种特殊的能力隐藏在体内,24集之后就会被唤醒!

Anyway, I checked out which teams were available.

但是呢,我还是查了一下有哪些队伍有空。

And I decided to join the track team.

然后我决定加入田径队。

It was a simple concept sport.

这是一项简单的运动。

You literally just have to run.

只需要跑就行了。

I might have been heavily influenced by all the animes I watched as a kid.

我可能受到了小时候看过的动画片的影响。

But just being able to move really fast appealed to me.

但这种快速移动的感觉确实很吸引我。

By the way don\'t run like this.

顺便说一下,别这样跑。

I had a kid tried to run like this on the team.

我队里有个孩子想要像这样跑步。

And my coach totally roasted them and ruined their dreams of being Hokage.

我的教练狠狠地骂了他们,可以说相当于摧毁了这些孩子想要成为火影的想法。

This wasn\'t my first-time doing track anyway.

不管怎么说,这不是我第一次参加田径比赛了。

So I thought it would be fun to do it again.

所以我想再次接触田径应该会很有趣。

There was however this connotation that if you did track, it was because you didn\'t make the cut from another sports team.

然而,这里有一种说法,如果你参加了田径队,那很有可能是你无法从其它队伍中脱颖而出。

But it was kind of obvious who joined the team because they genuinely liked track.

但很明显,加入田径队的人都是真心喜欢田径运动的。

And those who joined just because their friends didn\'t wanted to hang out late after school.

当然,也有那种放学后约不到朋友去外面浪的人啦。

Anyway, I signed up.

不管怎样,我报名了。

And the first practice was a week later.

第一次练是在一周后。

I show up and see a few familiar faces some of which were my friends.

我出席了,还看到几张熟悉的面孔,其中一些是我的朋友。

So I was glad that I had people to talk to.

所以我很高兴我有了可以交谈的人。

But there were some familiar faces that I did not particularly find appealing.

但有一些熟悉的面孔我却并不喜欢。

My Ex along with buttface McGee that she started seeing soon after we broke up.

我的前任在我们分手后不久就开始和这个块头约会了。

And by soon I mean like days, like not even a week.

这里的不久概就是几天吧,可能也就一周的样子。

WHY ARE YOU TESTING ME!!!

老天爷,你为什么要这么考验我?!

So I had to deal with that.

所以我不得不面对这件事。

And it was funny because I knew that they knew that I was uncomfortable seeing them together.

这很有趣,因为我知道他们知道我看到他们在一起很不舒服。

So they tried super hard to like be subtle about their relationship.

所以他们非常努力地想要避免这种尴尬的面。

Like when we had to stretch, they purposefully like be away from each other.

就像我们做拉伸的时候,他们会故意离彼此远一点。

Or if we have to do certain running activities, they try to be in separate groups.

或者,当我们要进行某些跑步团体活动的时候,他们也会分成不同的小组。

But whether it was out of respect and understanding for me, or I don\'t know fear?

这可能是出于对我的尊重和理解,或者是恐惧?

That only lasted like 2 or 3 practices until they decided to just do whatever they want.

但这也只持续了两三次而已,后来他们就放开了。

In hindsight, I guess it was kind of a good thing that they were there.

事后看来,我想他们在那里是一件好事。

I saw them as rivals that motivated me to push myself to my limits.

我把他们看作是竞争对手,可以激励我去挑战自己的极限。

And after a while, it stopped being about trying to beat them but more about trying to build my self-discipline.

过了一段时间,我就不再想着如何去击败他们了,而是想着如何更自律。

I mean, I still didn\'t enjoy their presence.

当然,我还是不喜欢他们的存在。

But after a while, you kind of just stopped minding it.

但过了一段时间,我就不再在意了。

Track was a great outlet for me and helped me get my mind off a lot of things.

田径对我来说是一个很好的发泄渠道,帮助我把注意力从很多事情上移开。

It also helped me boost my confidence.

这也帮助我增强了信心。

Because whenever we went to track meets, I was pretty much always the shortest kid on the track.

因为每次我们去参加田径比赛,我几乎总是赛场上最矮的孩子。

It\'s pretty damn intimidating being there on the starting line.

站在起跑线上真的吓人。

And you look at your competitors towering over you with their long lamppost looking ass limbs.

你看着你的竞争对手用他们长得像灯柱的腿和你赛跑。

Like you know one of their strides equal like three of yours.

就像他们的步幅是你的三倍。

But you can still compete with them on even grounds.

但你仍然可以和他们平等竞争。

But one of my fondest memories in my time during track was when my coach asked me to be the anchor leg for the four by four hundred meter relay,

但在我的田径生涯中,我最美好的记忆之一是我的教练让我担任4x400米接力赛的锚腿,

which is basically the person who runs the last stretch.

也就是跑最后一段路的人。

Now I wasn\'t the fastest sprinter on the team.

我其实并不是队里跑得最快的短跑运动员。

I can admit that much.

我可以承认这一点。

But my coach did see how much my times improved over the weeks and practice, and thought I could handle this responsibility.

但我的教练看到我在过去几周的训练中有了很的提高,于是觉得我可以。

As much of an honor as it was, bricks were coming out of my butthole.

尽管这是一种荣誉,但这也是一种压力。

Because I was so nervous and worried that I\'d let the team down.

因为我太紧张了,担心会让团队失望。

Oh jeez okay, we can do this.

哦,天哪,好的,我们可以做到的。

Okay.

好吧。

Come on, Steven!

加油,史蒂文!

Give us a strong start!

好好跑,一开始就看你了!

Yeah, okay, okay, you\'re last.

好的,你是最后一个。

But that\'s okay.

不过,这没什么不了的。

Because Mark\'s gonna pick it up from there.

因为马克一定会拉开距离的。

We\'re not that far behind.

我们就算落后也不会太多。

Yeah!

加油!

Okay, okay, okay.

好的,好的,好的。

Good, good.

很好,很好。

Okay, second is good.

好的,第二个跑得很好。

Okay.

好的。

Let\'s go.

冲!

Let\'s go, Mark.

冲,马克!

Yeah, okay, okay after Daniel.

好的,好的,丹尼尔快到了。

Okay, it\'s me!

然后就是我了!

Okay, no worries.

好的,别担心。

Daniel\'s a boost.

丹尼尔跑得很快的。

Okay, he\'ll get us a good lead.

好的,他会给我们拉开优势的。

Come on.

加油!

Come on.

加油!

Come on!

加油!

Okay, okay.

好的,好的。

Don\'t focus on the lead.

不要把注意力放在领先上。

Okay, just make the smooth transition!

好的,只要发挥出自己的水平就好了。

And GO!!!!

然后,冲!!!

And I just fricking went full ham adrenaline Super Saiyan Captain Falcon mode.

我的肾上腺素飙升,感觉自己成了超级赛亚人,成了猎鹰船长。

I bolted it and ran as fast as my short hamster legs could go.

迈开自己的短腿,我在疯狂地跑。

Final hundred meters, last stretch.

最后米,最后一段。

There was no one in front of me.

我前面没有人。

I was so surprised and in such disbelief that I just had to peek.

我特别惊讶,感到难以置信,所以我偷偷看了一眼。

And one thing our coach told us never to do was look back.

我们教练告诉我们,永远不要回头看。

But I did, I did.

但我看了,我看了。

And there may be two guys on my tail.

后面有两人紧跟着我。

Just that, oh crap!

哦天哪!

This is pretty close realization.

他们离我也太近了!

Gave me the extra boost to summon up.

所以我的动力一下子就上来了。

Whatever energy I had left and expand my lead gap.

不管我还有多少精力,我都在拼命地跑,想要扩我的领先差距。

We won.

我们赢了。

Well, not the whole track meet.

当然不是整个田径赛。

But we won that specific event.

但是我们赢了这个项目。

And while it may seem like a small accomplishment for some, it meant a huge deal for me.

虽然这对一些人来说似乎是一项小小的成就,但对我来说却特别重要。

标签:前女友 田径

相关消息

科瓦茨23米23夺冠,世界男子铅球迎来“最好的时代”

钻石联赛总决赛,科瓦茨以23米23的历史第三好成绩夺冠。 世界田联官网截图新京报讯 (记者徐邦印)9月8日,2022赛季田径钻石联赛总决赛在瑞士苏黎世结束首个比赛日争夺,多位世界冠军顺利夺冠。在男子铅球较量中,科瓦茨